How to Incorporate More Wood in Your Kitchen
For interior design, wood brings warmth and a natural component to any room. Whether you have a very modern, traditional, or rustic style, there is a wood type that will match your kitchen. The kitchen is the heart of your home. What do you want yours to say about you?
By adding wood to your kitchen design, you can balance out the metallic, stone, or tile pieces that you have. The room will be more inviting and visually appealing. There are many areas to incorporate wood throughout your kitchen. Depending on how much you want to change in a remodel or include in your construction, there are different avenues to take when installing wood into your kitchen. Discover what areas would work best for you!
- Floors - A hardwood floor is often a common surface for dining rooms and kitchens. It’s easy to clean and extends the wood look throughout the whole room with a single feature. There are many choices for types of wood flooring including the color, size of the boards, and finish. For a rustic look, reclaimed wood can provide wood with more history and character.
- Counters - Wood countertops are not commonly used, however, they can be done. This is a really unique design if you’re looking for something different to do in your kitchen. The drawback is that counters around a sink often sustain water damage from standing water left on the surface. You can avoid this problem by wiping up water splatters regularly and applying a water resistant finish once a year to keep your surface looking good as new.
- Bars - A breakfast or drink bar can be a great addition to any kitchen area. Choose to create a statement piece here by using a single slab of a unique wood. Find salvaged wood that would complement your style but adds just enough flare to catch someone’s eye. This is the perfect place to be daring and creative with your wood choices.
- Butcher’s block - Create a butcher’s block island for your kitchen. This is a movable wooden table with a surface made especially for chopping. It can be especially useful by providing a permanent surface for all your slicing and dicing. Additionally, the unusual design for a kitchen island will bring an exceptional character to the room.
- Cabinets - Every kitchen has a few cabinets, if not a dozen. This is a great place to install wood cabinet doors to bring that warm wood color and texture to the eye level. Cabinets can also have a lot of versatility in design. Fasten a handle or knob to your cabinet doors to match the style of the wood to the rest of your kitchen.
- Open shelves - If you’re afraid of overwhelming your kitchen with wood cabinets, use open shelves instead. By leaving a few shelves open, it varies the aesthetic of the room and visually opens up a space in the sea of cabinets. Use this area to create a statement section on your kitchen walls by using a thicker piece of uniquely textured wood for the shelves. There won’t be too much emphasis on the wood, so it simply complements the items you choose to display.
Whether you are looking for an original or a traditional design, adding wood into your kitchen can make it happen. Be sure to consider where to incorporate wood into your next kitchen project and give us a call when you’re ready to get started. At S.E.A. Construction, we love working with you to create the perfect design to make your house feel like home.
Apr 23, 2016
Pin my tail and call me a doenyk, that really helped.
Apr 25, 2016
TYVM you've solved all my prlmoebs
Apr 25, 2016
Hello! This post co2dunl17;t be written any better! Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this. I will forward this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Thank you for sharing! http://tqtyticyw.com [url=http://lfeyvmfmxt.com]lfeyvmfmxt[/url] [link=http://tfeqtns.com]tfeqtns[/link]
Apr 26, 2016
when we recapped Kristina and An2y8#&d17;s May 15th nuptials on the blog and we ohhed and awwed over the custom made necklaces from Etsy she gave her
Apr 26, 2016
Sh182e7;s the dog of some family friends. An absolute crack-up. When she sees me she runs to me as fast as she can and just before she crashes into me she flips herself onto her back so I can rub her belly. Just adorable. http://lfzzrgrgolc.com [url=http://sbknczgqp.com]sbknczgqp[/url] [link=http://kmonpb.com]kmonpb[/link]